Friday, January 18, 2019

3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story

During my winter break a  couple years ago, while i was working at this bakery and wine shop combo (weird idea but it works really well) This lady who was a waitress from the owner's restaurant next door, who also own the bakery I was working at, asks the owner if she could sell the little crafts that she makes here at the bakery. The owner agrees and she sets up this little Christmas tree structure and hangs these mice made out of wine corks and nails. They are super cute and she actually sells quite a bit of them. People start asking for different kinds of animals and outfits. Many tourists also stop by and buy some and to show them off. The waitress saw the opportunity with the amount of wine corks she got at her job, and created a small side business for her to create some extra cash.

4 comments:

  1. Nicholas,

    You and I both spoke of people who took entrepreneurship into their own hands. This is a very cute story and it shows how some people just have their brain wired to see things differently and make something that most wouldn't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! I thought it was interesting to make animals out of corks but the idea seemed to have worked wonderfully! I didn't speak to someone for my story but it is nice to see the other side of it. It's awesome to see that she took it into her own hands and used her imagination to make a product that sold quite well. I feel as though the she could teach everyone the basics of being an entrepreneur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is so cute! What a cool idea. I like that the waitress took this opportunity to do something with all of the extra corks she got from work, whereas most people probably would not have been that creative. I am curious if this is something she has continued to do and if she has expanding into other shops. I also wonder if she has tried making anything else out of the corks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicholas,

    I found this example and experience genuinely creative and very interesting. Many smaller and not well established businesses have a hard time getting any business at all. Seeing how she turned a hobby into a part time way to make cash is really motivating. I am curious as to how many of these she has sold and how profitable this part time gig really is.

    ReplyDelete