Friday, April 12, 2019

26A – Celebrating Failure


* I have failed multiple times this semester to wake up to my alarm when i have wanted to go do something important, like grocery shopping or laundry. I would set the alarm the morning before, and then end up staying up late for whatever reason, then wake up to the alarm, then look at my phone for like ten minutes and then fall back asleep, until like noon-ish.

*I learned that I should really try not to stay up super late, at least not all the time, because it is bound to happen again and it messes with my sleep schedule.

*Failure is very difficult, because it can bring you down and it can be hard to recover from it if it really hits you hard. But with the books that I have read here in class and seeing what exactly needs to be done to use failure to your advantage and learn from it. I wouldn't say I am more likely to risk now, I am just more aware about what I can expect if I fail at something.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nicholas! I can definitely attest to these same experiences. I have lacked the discipline to get up early or even be on top of my deadlines. It's a learning curve, and you'd think after four years of college I would've been able to perfect. Life is about constantly learning and we are all too far from perfect.

    ReplyDelete