Friday, March 29, 2019

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big, Scott Adams

1) The general theme of the book is that you can turn failures into springboards to successes later on in life. The book also gives ideas and suggestions on how to better your life and get your life together.

2) This book definitely connected with the elevator pitches. Since we are able to correct them with feedback that we receive. With the feedback, we can use the mistakes we have made and make it better. It also connects that not all business ventures result in making a bunch of money or become successful.

3) The exercise would include knowing what priorities are important to you in your life. It would also include finding out what qualities you have to offer to employers.

4) I was really surprised that he had bounced around so many business ventures throughout his life. I think its very interesting that he was able to get better jobs just by being bad at his job and giving his higher ups advise. Another thing that surprised me was that he mentioned that you should try to be a bit selfish.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nicholas,

    I did a reading reflection on this book as well and I thought this book directly relates to this course. I did not think that it directly related to elevator pitches but after reading your take on it I completely agree. I think this course is very good in allowing others to give you feed back on your work and teaching us how to take constructive criticism.

    ReplyDelete